SotM Radio Play

I decided to move this idea to its own thread (https://greaterthangames.com/comment/39244#comment-39244). We will need to wait for the legal department, but any ideas, interested people, etc. can post here.

EDIT: Instead of each person posting how they want to help, I made a spreadsheet. Please sign up under the column you would like to help with. If you want to be specific, add or change titles, please do so.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AidOKG-M_yQmdERvc0k5aE1GNUliaklyRmtoalhNQnc&usp=sharing

Awesome! Registering my interest in this thread.

As Reckless mentioned in the other thread, he has a pretty decent idea for a first episode that could introduce the primary players of the world and lead into a fight with BB. I'll let him share those details if he wants to.

Coming up with a script for a pilot episode should probably be the top priority, and then after that start auditioning for voice actors.

It'd be really cool if eventually all the SOTM characters could be used, but for now we should probably focus on the F5 and core set villains.

Well, it seems like we have a hell of a lot of interest, so it would probably be possible to use the large cast to our advantage and work on multiple episodes at once, using different groups of characters in each. As well as making more stuff, it would allow more people to be involved, and indeed allow everyone or almost everyone to listen to Sentinels radio plays with which they've had no involvement.

I like the idea Meerkat, but it will require multiple teams instead of one big team. We would need good coordination to pull it off, but that would be fun to do.

I don't think there would have to be that many teams. Assuming there are a fair number of writers (which it seems like the interest is there) they can work on multiple scripts if communication is open (if we're setting something up like a longer arc.) The recording was going to be neccesarily fractured because of geographic location anyway so there is no real change except in the magnitude of files.  The only multiple teams part are in directing and editing, and as with the writing, if communication is open and some conventions are set across the board, it should be relatively seamless. 

It would be cool to have multiple storylines that end up coming together for a big finale or even just interweave at random parts.

Count me in as a potential voice. I have some writing skill, but not the time to practice it, sadly. That relegates me to being non-creative.

It might still be possible to have multiple writiers working on the same one. We would need an overaal story, then divide it into acts and scenes. Each writer could then tackle a single scene.

With so many writers, it might be worth creating a quality control commitee, whose sole purpose is to make sure the script (names, personalities, etc.) are true to the source material.

Are we having a narrator? 

How about some fake commercials between acts?

We should probabvly consider some sound effects issues. What would Bunker and AZ sound like (they should probably have slightly different effects)? What sound do the different abilities have? It might be worth it to start thinking about this soon.

I have contacted Paul, and he is having their lawyers draw up a short thing (no commercial use, etc.). As soon as we have that, we can work on the specifics.

You could definitely have multiple writers on one script, but if you have a different person writing every single scene you run the risk of it all ending up rather disjointed.

I think a narrator is a good idea, but that's just my opinion.

If we're going old-timey style a narrator is definitely appropriate, and if we're keeping true to a radio play format, we probably need a narrator to let the audience know what's happening. The characters won't always be able to say what they're doing or feeling.

I have a degree in Literature, so I could probably help with input/editing the script.  I've done some theatre over the years, and am about to finish a three month endeavor in a commercial voiceover class.  Hopefully someone can find something to do with my voice.  Do we have anyone with casting experience?  We really need an Andrea Romano for our project...

Uhm... I don't know what to do.

RIght now, we are just waiting for GtG's legal department. Once that is settled, we can start. Until then, I made a spreadsheet to sign up in:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AidOKG-M_yQmdERvc0k5aE1GNUliaklyRmtoalhNQnc#gid=0

I'm guessing that writers are the ones that, well, write, and then the writing consultants do editing and such?

I think so. I wasn't sure what categories there should be and only put writires/actors/production. I mentioned that anyone who wants to can add/change the categories, and consultant was added in.

I saw the online spreadsheet file.  That's why I said that I don't know what to do.

Writing consultants can also possibly give good advice on where to take certain characters or scenes. Just like with movie critics, there are people who know a lot about writing, but can't really do it themselves.

This.

I'd like to listen, but not sure I have the voice/writing/know about things chops to really help out.

I Like this idea!