SotM Radio Play

CGP Grey for the win!

Actually, are any of the Citizens of the Sun explicitly American? If they've all flocked to Dawn, they really could have flocked from anywhere...

I have talked to Paul about this, and while they want to approve the script, casting is up to us.

They're from all over!

I know I may not be able to help much with this project, though if the Cursed Acolyte is ever needed, I would be willing to do the voice. Just don't expect very much emotion, I am told I am fairly monotone...

for a deranged/somewhat possessed cultist, that doesn't sound too bad. maybe make it even creepier, even.

It would be fun to do a voice of some kind for this thing, if there's a female English character who's so far voiceless ;). I could record my lines and then send someone the sound file over Skype or something :).

At this point, the only female character who I would say cannot absolutely be British is Felicia Parsons. It may not be entirely appropriate, but I'm pretty sure we could get away with a British Wraith, Tachyon, Dawn, Any female Citizen of the Sun, and if Dawn then also Ex-Patriette.

Just because they aren't actually from Brittain, doesn't mean they can't try their best to talk like one, that is a very American thing to do, my Father for example. . .

Or maybe it could be a subtle clue that the great big bad guy in the background is really "The Monarchy," and is coming to take back the old Colonies, one accent at a time.  

You have to say "The Monarchy" like it is in league with Colonel Sanders.

To my non-British, non-Canadian, non-American ear, Canadians sound a lot more like Americans than they sound like Brits.

One question about the existing script: Do radio plays usually have so much physical description? Eg, there's a lot of detail on Tachyon's suit.

I'm not sure why you mention that, but I think most British, Canadian, and USAians would agree.

Yeah, I can't tell the difference between a Canadian accent and an American one. They pretty much all sound the same to me ;).

You should let a Canadian tell you aboot their proh-gress on their proh-jects, and you'd be able to tell the difference.

Is this a pro- (rhymes with "snow") -gress thing? As opposed to pro- (rhymes with "hot" minus the T) -gress?

Us Brits go for the "snow" option.

Canadians have a tendency to really say it like an a, like Pragress. In fact, most "American" accents I've heard Brits try to do sound more like Canadian ones.

Writing consultant job -- the "Americanism" is "takeout" rather than "takeaway." If we're putting Dana from the British Isles, that isn't an issue. I concur with a comment farther down that a traditional radio play doesn't do quite so much in the way of physical description.

Radio Drama Revival has a great link called "So you wanna create a radio drama" here.  They've also got lots of short radio plays, and the BBC has a weekly one, too. (Listen to the first episode of Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere" if you can.)

@Pydro

I have a mobile ProTools rig at my house. So as far as audio editing/producing/mastering, I can do that. Produced a few radio detective shows in college in the vein of old Stan Freeburg skits (his history of America vol.1&2 are hillarious and a major inspiration for how radio skits should be executed) and majored in media production, so this stuff is up my ally.

It would be great if you can help, but it is not fair to you to do all of the work. Is there a way to split it up?

It may not be all that terrible. Plus if you want consistency with how everythings sounds (you know from episode to episode) then it makes more sense to do it in one place. At the very least it needs to all be mastered together at once.

How do you anticipate this happening? In pieces? Do the entire arc at once and split it up into episodes later?