Spiff's SotM Accessories

I've gone through the new cards to make sure that what's on my accessories is reasonably accurate, and have posted new files that contain all the Infernal Relics goodness.  I was going pretty fast, so won't be surprised if I've made a couple of mistakes.  If I have, please let me know.

www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Self-critiquing my new Ennead mini-boss accessories after having used them in a game finally: they take up an awful lot of table space, seeing as how each one is the size of two normal cards side by side. However, the oversized symbol on each one makes it super easy to instantly see which mini-bosses are activated whenever a card with a particular symbol goes into the trash.  IMO, I think the bonus of the easy viewing far outweighs the size issue. 

Why is the max HP for NightMist and Argent Adept listed as "X" on the card-sized HP trackers?

The X was a placeholder before I knew the actual numbers, and I must have missed those when I made my final pass through before posting things. I'll have them updated by tomorrow night. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

I've updated the file to show the correct hp for Nightmist and Argent Adept.

I've updated the card list section of my Rules & Clarifications PDF to include all the new Infernal Relics decks, plus Unity and Ambuscade.  I also went back and made a few updates to older cards (like adding "dinosaur" to the Enraged T-Rex) and updated Absolute Zero's card count for those two cards which were changed for the EE.

www.spiffworld.com/sotm

I'm not actually seeing any of the IR decks in the pdf linked from your site. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you've said. Someone on BGG was asked for a list of Nightmist's cards. I thought to look at the end of your Rules & Clarifications PDF, but don't see the new decks there.

You're right of course, but when I tried to find the problem, I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I was staring at the updated file right there on my screen.  And no matter how many times I posted the file to my site, the link never seemed to update to the new file.

But of course, it helps if the filename is spelled correctly, and "stom rules and clarifications" doesn't work as well as "sotm rules and clarifications" does...

You should be able to get to the updated version now.

A player contacted me today to ask why my oversized hero cards didn't use the actual incapacitated art on their backsides.  I told him the only reason was because I wasn't a huge fan of most of the incapacitated art and preferred to see the more heroic art I was using, even if it was grayed-out to indicate that the hero had been beaten.  He said he prefers to see the bloody and beaten pix when the hero had been knocked out of a fight, and since I have that art but just wasn't using it, I told him I'd be happy to make a set using the real flip side art.

I did, and I have to admit that most of them look better using that art (there are still some I'm not a fan of, but not many).  So I've updated the file on my site to the new one, since I'm guessing that most people would probably prefer to use the official art too.

I also tossed a Dark Visionary oversized card up on my site for anyone who wants to use that alt character early.  Since we don't yet know her incapacitated abilities, I'm just using Visionary's standard ones for now.

www.spiffworld.com/sotm

I was thinking this morning, since with the new expansion and a lot of people sleeving their cards, its going to be hard for them all to fit in the EE box - perhaps you could throw up some of the box art work to be printed off so people can use it on their other boxes they may be using to hold their cards? I have no idea of the legality, or if you have access to any of that art, but would be kind of cool

And thanks, too. Though I haven't personally printed out any of these, my buddy has and man they are a lot of fun to use.

I was wondering the exact same thing when I found out about your site a couple of days ago! So glad you decided to redo them in their actual incapicated form! Now I'm gonna find some way to get them printed out and fit it into the already packed box! Thanks a lot!

Here's some box art I put together myself, I use it for those white card boxes.

http://www.mediafire.com/#e4wyyd2oel3wq

I just used pictures I found for the large one, but I made the text myself using the fonts I found.

Good to know.  I kind of figured that if one guy finally decided to ask, there were probably others who hadn't asked but would still like the official art.  I'm glad he pressed me to make the change.

Updated my doc to add:

1) while you can't be made to discard more cards than you have, if you have to discard your entire hand and you have no cards in your hand, you CAN discard a hand of zero cards.

2) revealing cards will not trigger a reshuffle, so if you want to reveal 5 cards and there are only 3 cards in the deck, you only get to reveal 3.

3) you can't usually put villain character cards under Haka's "Savage Mana" for reasons I lay out in the doc, with the exception of The Chairman.

4) even though any card with a nemesis icon is the nemesis of any other card that shares that icon, no card can be the nemesis of itself, so damage it deals that gets redirected to it is not increased.

5) clarified that Ambuscade's "Charged Attacks" does indeed damage Ambuscade and other devices, potentially setting off a chain reaction of damage.

6) I reorganized the "other" section to pull out a related group of rulings into a "decks and hands" section.

I think I'd rephrase point 1).  You CAN be "made" to discard more cards than you have.  If you have 1 card, and a card "makes" you discard 2 cards, I'm pretty sure you still discard one.  However, you cannot ELECT to discard more cards than you have (for instance) to get rid of an environment card.

You can place Omnitron under the card as well, as his deck still plays even when he's gone if the right cards are out.

Omnitron is removed from play when he is destroyed, so he can't go under "Savage Mana".

Brocolli: I make that point in the doc itself.  I was just summarizing the updates I'd made here.

I updated the oversized villain cards file to include a tougher version of Gloomweaver that my family has played with and found to be satisfyingly tough (compared to the lovable pushover Gloomweaver is now).  I added the following text to the front and back of the card:

Pinned:  Heroes with one or more Voodoo Pins in play next to them may not deal damage to any other targets than one of their Voodoo Pins.

Necrotic Resilience: Zombie Servants come into play with (H) + 2 hp, instead of 2.

I put an asterisk on each side as well to make it clear that these are a variant and not the official card's rules.  I left the version with the official card's rules in the .zip file, so people can choose which one they prefer to play with.