Success Stories

Share your successes and show off your Sentinel Points here!

Up to 45 points. :slight_smile:

Citizen Jodie and I just completed “Fight the Break of Dawn” on advanced mode last night!

That’s virtually the only way to beat her on advanced, it’s not impossible if you let her flip, but it’s very difficult.

Had a great game against advanced Voss tonight. Tachyon, Haka, Bunker, and the Wraith. Wraith used her infrared eyepiece to hold off Forced Deployments until the villain trash was full to bursting. Finally, one of them hit the table. On Tachyon’s turn she destroyed the Forced Deployment. Sixteen minions marched dutifully onto the table, and Haka Rampaged them all to death instantly. One card, sixteen kills! Finally finished off Voss with a fully load Inventory Barrage for 20 damage on the dot. Got Welcome to Earth, Prepared for Martyrdom, and Powerhouse all at the same time!

My group still hasn’t beaten Dawn yet, though…

Nice! That sounds amazing.

TheJayManm, Rabit, me, and five of our friends got together to play Sentinels today. We played eight total games. It might have been more if four of us didn’t end up in a very slow (fun, but S L O W) whittling of Citizen Dawn. Totally stoked to actually beat her after losing most of our hit points before doing virtually any damage to her. Three quarters of the team would have qualified for Last Man Standing. Playing the Wraith vs Dawn on Mars == lots of equipment loss.

One of the best parts of the day was facing Omnitron on standard mode and attempting to get a Flawless Victory. With both police backups as well as Bunker doing 2 pts of damage each turn, we actually contemplated trying to find a way to heal Omnitron to give us more time to heal ourselves. In the end, Omnitron got out both of the one-shots that cleared equipment and ongoing cards as well as doing a ton of damage. The heroes then realized it was time to stop show-boating and finish him off. We did, at least, let The Real Heroes do the destroying.

Also, Catfight!

In one day of playing for games, I have now managed to achive 185 sentinel points.

I have achieved: A Father’s Legacy and The Fire’s of Mount Doom. Good ol’ Ra, making us immune to fire damage as the Volcano did its thing.

Poor co-worker. He came to lunch late. We let him take over a hero, but just as we taught him how to play, I realized there was an opportunity for the Kraken to kill Blade, so I wouldn’t let him have Ra actually do any damage.

Wow, Ra not doing damage makes him essentially useless. Aside for making everyone immune to fire… Which isn’t the best for Baron Blade.

Yeah. At least it was only for one turn.

You know what’s a bit unfair? TWO Legacies fighting simultaneously against Baron Blade. We didn’t let that stop us, though. Beat Blade on Advanced Mode with Legacy, Legacy NG, Tempest, and Absolute Zero.

Don’t think that applies to any story challenges though, since it would involve house rules. Unless you still did factor in the Limited for cards, and only had one legacy equiping them.

We did!

Awesome, if only I had a second Legacy deckI would try it out aswell, but my group of friends actually prefer everyone having a different games so that one somone can always bring something to the table. So in other words no one else owns the game so no other Legacy deck unless I want to buy another, which won’t happen.

Replacement Hero Deck is $5. Or you can do what I did, play with someone over Skype who has their own copy of the game.

I’ll be bringing my papers with me tonight and for the weekend.

I have clearly missed something. What are these sentinel points of what you speak and all these achievements? I’m guessing I missed some online documentation somewhere.