Tactics FAQ

I've updated the FAQ with Luther's comments and posted a new copy (I've included the Tactics official rulebook with mine so it's all in one place).  Now that everything's been confirmed by a developer, there's no need for green stars anymore, so those are gone.  When I get a chance, I'll post a proper link on my site.

From now on, the Tactics FAQ will be like the SotM FAQ - only officially confirmed stuff goes in it.

Oh, something else I forgot to note -- anything I say here or elsewhere can be superceded by rules or clarifications posted to the main Sentinel Tactics site, or by Christopher. Not that anyone should assume otherwise, but just in case there's ever a discrepancy somehow.

Shyeah, like he'll ever get around to posting clarifications to the Sentinel Tactics site.  He's way too busy for that. ;)

I couldn't find anything in the FAQ about Luther's favorite color.

You should check the IAQ. It's updated less often though.

In O-V's section, it's confirmed that he cannot be hit by the same hazard as he meanders through it; but what about in cases of Impaling Structures? If he is on top of three structures, can he not be attacked by all three? Say, for instance, Omni's 2nd scenario where he doesn't move. End of turn comes around and he gets walloped thrice for each structure because they are each separate radius 0 attacks, or only once because only one hazard attack can occur against him?

They are seperate hazard attacks and he would qualify for each of them normally.

However in that specific Scenario Omnitron is not a target so they would have no impact.

Omnitron is 3 hexes but 1 target, so if he enters a space with a hazard he triggers it, but if he is sitting on multiple hexes of one attack it is one attack against one target, and it only hits once.

One of the harder things about Omnitron is when he moves, he is only occupying 1 hex while he moves.  You pick 1 of his hexes, you move him the appropriate number of hexes and then set him back down so that he covers the ending hex.

He can actually move through a path that is one hex wide that has hazard spaces on both sides and not get hit.

However when he ends his move he occupies all three hexes, which also means he enters all three hexes, but again as one target.

I would imagine that the section you're referencing would simply mean that each Impaling Structure would hit him just once as he wandered across them, but as skippy mentions, there's nothing there keeping multiple hazards from each hitting him normally.

What kind of power have you given him man? He can change your favourite colour at will!

I'm ok with that.

How can I give him a power he already has? How do you know your favorite color wasn't bequeathed by His Great Benevolence?

Just as long as he doesn't change his mind when he gets to the head of the line.

Looking at Luther's response to your section about pushing, I see he confirmed that Kusarigama can move Omnitron.  However, though I haven't seen the original version, the format of the comment suggests to me that the section originally read "Pushing is not the same as movement" and he suggested the language "pushing is a type of movement, but not all movement is pushing." which, combined with the fact that he only explicitly confirmed the statement about Kusarigama, implies to me that the FAQ may be wrong about Bunker's susceptibility to push in turret mode.  

Now, I would normally tend to assume that since he assented to the section and didn't mention anything about Turret mode, that he was tacitly agreeing with you, though the ruling is counter-intuitive to me.  However, the language "can't be moved"  is used in scenario descriptions (specifically Omnitron acts 2 and 3) to describe things that seem intended to be stationary, such as buildings and scenario markers.  The statement about turret-mode Bunker being susceptible to push implies that such things could also be pushed, which seems unlikely. Also, I wonder if suggesting the wording "push is a type of movement" was in fact Luther's roundabout way of telling you that "can't be moved" applies to push as well, particularly since he only explicitly confirmed your assertion about Kusarigama.

If you interpret his comment the way I do, and merely left the statement about Bunker in by mistake, it's an easy fix.  If you feel that his comment confirmed the statement, I would request that we get an explicit ruling regarding whether targets which "can't be moved" can be pushed.

Edit: basic proofreading (spelling, punctuation)

Edit: just realized how badly I necroed this thread.  Perhaps I should have started a new topic.  If so, my apologies.

I'm confused. What was the original question? Bunker with Turret Mode can't be pushed, because he can't be moved.

Yeah, pushing is movement.  So Bunker can't be moved by Kusarigama but Omnitron-V can.

I find that to be bizarre thematically, but that's how the rules work.

In my head there, it's because Bunker in Turret Mode is embedded in the ground, whereas Omnitron is just hard to shove around.

@Luther

Ok, that's what I got out of your original comment, but the last clause of the pushing section of the FAQ still reads "Turret-Mode Bunker could be pushed."  which confused me. It says a little earlier on that pushing is movement, so I'm guessing Spiff just missed it when he updated it after your rulings.  I was just trying to point it out, but since I was unsure whether it was left in by oversight, or because he misinterpreted your earlier comment, I was trying to present an argument that your comment actually implied Turret-Mode Bunker couldn't be pushed.  

It looks like this is the thing he's referencing:

pushing is a kind of movement, but not all movement is pushing.

some effects move characters without pushing them. the operative’s “kusarigama” power moves affected characters, it doesn’t push them. when a target is immune to a type of movement, it will be called out in their power. for example, bunker’s “turret mode” says “bunker cannot dodge, move, or be moved”, whereas omnitron-v’s character panel says omnitron-v is “immune to push”. omnitron-v could be moved by the operative’s “kusarigama” power and turret-mode-bunker could be pushed.

https://greaterthangames.com/comment/83708#comment-83716 

That last clause in the last sentence should be removed?  Or is it correct that you can still Push Turret-Mode Bunker because it doesn't say he can't be Pushed?

Don't know if you saw this. it might have hid behind my too-long post.  Anyway, it seems pretty clear.

Well, that's the relevant portion anyway.  It follows a brief expression of confusion at what I was trying to say in the preceding post (the long one.)

I agree, pretty clear.  I'll update the FAQ to show that because Turret Mode Bunker can't be moved, he can't be Pushed.