The "I have nothing real to contribute, but I am sick of seeing no new posts" thread <2014 Award Winner>

Start shameless self promotion
Hey there! If anyone reading this thread is interesting in voicing a character in a radio play adaptation of the Freedom Four Annual on the Greater Than Games Website, head on over to the Radio Play thread in the Fan Fiction section and sign up to audition.
End shameless self promotion
I hope since Pydro started this thread that I won’t have to pay for advertising fees, but if I must pay, I am willing to do so in Elephants with accompanying bags of peanuts.

You have made me an offer I can’t refuse.

If we're doing just random thoughts on this thread, I had a funny thought the other day...

I think it was a huge missed opportunity to not give Jim's Hat the effect: "Reduce radiant damage dealt to Chrono-Ranger by 1."

It's a hat, after all.

It would be funnier if it specified reducing damage dealt to Chrono Ranger from Citizen Dawn and Ra by 1.

Random thoughts?

One of my friends wants to rework the entire Realm of Discord deck, or at least the art and some of the damage types because someone misread it as the Realm of Disco, and we kept calling it that for the entire game.

All damage is now Sonic, Radiant or Psychic, and we want to make disco-themed versions of all of the art :P

Here's an easy change: PEF becomes "Staying Alive".

Explosive Travoltas?

Claustrophobic Delusion, that picture is begging to photoshop a roller skates onto the foot.

Explosive Bubbles equally looks like it would fit with Disco Balls

Soul Train = Ghostly Images

[REDACTED]

So.....anyone remember rule #15?

ohgoodlord... ![](upload://tCe7JWUFcDY8hhjLf1DhzzBJ1h.gif)

![](upload://5c6IsiKf6Y9krcpaRZ8UYyVk8qA.gif)

Why aren't mods inherently playtesters like admins?

I can't speak for the others, but I was already a playtester when I became a mod.

Is there a mod who is not a playtester?

That’s my point. Wouldn’t the mod badge give you access to the PT forums? Admins don’t have two badges.

Oh, wait. I think you are noticing that the people who are Admins don't also have playtester badges, but the people who are Mods DO also have playtester badges, concluding that it's possible to be a Mod w/out being a playtester, and asking why that is possible.

I don't know for sure, but I think the reason is that the way the forums work, various abilities are tied to various roles, the admin role gives one the ability to do anything, the mod role gives one the ability to do various things to posts that the mod can see, and the playtester role gives one the ability to see some forums that not everyone can see. In order for people who have the mod role to be able to see the playtester forums without also having the playtester role, presumably the mod role would have to be altered. I don't know how hard it would be to alter that role, or if there might have been some interest in keeping mods from seeing some forums in the future, but my guess is that the real reason things work the way they do is because it was easy to configure the software this way.

Stop trying to take one of my pretty badges away, Pydro!

@imprimis5

That wasn't my intent at all!

@arenson9

Ok, I guess I just assumed that a mod badge would give full access to the forums. Thanks for the clarification.

Fun fact! Adam has the Admin, Moderater, and Playtester badge.

Thanks a lot, now I am trying to remember something he posted.