Weekly One-Shot #48: Make It "To Go"

Advanced Infinitor against PW Captain Cosmic, PW Argent Adept, PW Fanatic, PW Haka, and PW Tempest at the Temple of Zhu Long.  Remember to review advanced rules for Infintor before playing.  Good Luck!

I did some practice runs on this (without two of the PW which might change a lot), but it's TOUGH.

Mint. Fanatic was incaped, but she got better. Prime Wardens AA is quickly becoming my favorite version of AA, his healing was increadably clutch. Prime Wardens Cosmic can use Constructs as sacrifical pieces to protect the lowest HP hero.  Once Infinitor flipped a well timed Rampage proved critical for me... then its all about hitting Infinitor hard and making sure there's alway at least 1 manifestation in play.... a really fun, really intense match.

Mint, and I learned a thing about PW CC - you don’t have to shuffle the card in to get the draw/play! This changes everything for me - he’s quickly becoming one of my favorite variants.

Tempest spent a good portion of that game in 3 cages with a buckler, just keeping manifestations in play.

This actually wound up being a pretty quick 3 turn win for me.  

Without giving too much away, I pretty much threw caution to the wind and ran my offense through Haka and Fanatic - when you do the one-shot, you'll understand why.  (Edit - assuming this isn't a randomized start)

It's not. It will tell you if it is.

I almost lost my chance for a win when, in the last round, a GLITCH caused the game to deny Fanatic the ability to play Wrathful Retribution a second time, because it thought the Cages were on her, when they were on Argent Adept instead.

I managed it, though, by buffing Haka, playing Rampage, and then when Rampage damaged Dynamic Siphon, I made her play it, since the cages were gone.

Mint, and a pretty satisfying one, despite how hard it was.

1 Like

I had the same bug while playing a practice game like UXM did, only it was the other way around: PW Argent couldn't play cards while the Cage was on Redeemer Fanatic. I thought I had missed something, but I guess it was a bug after all.

Maybe I'll hold off on playing the actual one-shot for now. But I did want to say that I laughed at the description because the mental image of Fanatic slamming the table with her sword like a madwoman just to get the guys to say grace was hilarious. (Also the whole "after-dinner mint" bit... I see what you did there.)

We're investigating that bug, sorry it's coming up in the one-shot. From the description you may be able to work around it by returning to the main menu then pressing Continue Game.

i never got the bug. Unless you were referring to me about the practice run. Also… the after dinner mint…

bravo.

Yeah, I was referring to your practice run. I think I need to learn to word things more clearly…

The new burning question of the millennium: Will the Prime Wardens ever get to have a meal together outside the HQ that doesn’t get interrupted?

Unlikely.  Fanatic will bring them to a fight at worst.  

I can see it now.

"What do you mean we can't have any birds or fish? I don't think it's cannibalism-lite!"

"When you said you bring the cutlery, we meant plastic or metal! No, constructs don't count."

"I think you're the only one physically able to eat a Mongolian Death Worm and survive."

"Swords and bashing weapons off the table! Lutes count! It's totally a lute. Well the other Virtuosos are morons."

"I don't think having a picnic on a world amidst a war is really the best idea"

Baaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

That is all.

(Brutal. He killed himself.  I won with Fanatic with 1 hp left. )

Near Mint.

My first attempt was an epic ball of failure that I'd rather not talk about. The True Form ruined all my plans.

In the second one, Fanatic took  a LOT of damage early on, and I was able to use an 18 point Wrathful Retribution on Infinitor in one round, and then in the next round I Vernal Sonata-ed it back to the top and then drew it with Counterpoint Bulwark, so on Fanatic's turn I was able to deal a 23 point Wrathful Retribution. Haka finished the job with the Mere on the next turn.

Heroes were all around 10HP, excpet for Fanatic, who ended lower.

Tried again on my phone.

Big ball of nope.

It’s true! And the “harp” is actually a Lyre.

Also, I’m pretty sure I was the first person to make that complaint. For what it’s worth.

(Now I really want an instrument. McBehrer’s Theremin? Flugelhorn? GLOCKENSPIEL???)

This one was hard as heck now that I actually tried it proper, but I got a lot of mileage out of recycling Wrathful Retribution twice and of basically having Fanatic give Argent all the power activations who in turn was able to churn out his songs with his base power and then let everyone else play cards off of Inventive Preparation... ironically often to let Fanatic herself play cards.

I thought I was clever and threw out a Rampage late in the game that left the Twisted Miscreations alive... until Zhu Long came along and wiped them out. Figures. But fortunately Infinitor was down to only single digit HP by then anyway so I was still able to live out the villain turn and then finish him off.

Everyone was just barely double digits HP except Cosmic who had 8 and Fanatic who had 2. Ouch. This is what happens when you don't let Fanatic say grace, fellas.

How in the heck did anyone get close to Mint on this?  I had three heroes incapped by the beginning of Villain Turn 3.  AA was down to less than 1/2 of his HP before any of the heroes got a chance to do *anything*!

Dandolo, can you explain any of this, because I absolutely hate the PW versions of all of these heroes.  A CC who can't use his power to play new constructs?  A Haka with no base damaging powers?  A Tempest who (at least the way the one-shot is constructed) has a hand full of crappy cards that aren't worth losing the 3HP per card to play?  

"P rime Wardens Cosmic can use Constructs as sacrifical pieces to protect the lowest HP hero."  – How?  

"P rime Wardens AA is quickly becoming my favorite version of AA, his healing was increadably clutch."  – How does PW AA heal any better than regular AA?   All he can do is play the bottom card off of his deck.

Please, give it away, give it away!  Is this some sort of randomized start?  Because I had no offense to run through Haka and Fanatic – by Turn 3, I had three heroes incapped and the rest below 10 HP.  I think CC got out one measly construct before being Caged to death.  If you use the “wipe-the-board” cards (End of Days, Rampage), Infinitor just draws to 6 manifestations at the end of his turn, spoiling everything.  I was hoping for a Savage Mana to get rid of the manifestations permanently, but was dead before I even had a chance.