I’ll throw my hat in the ring, and try to guess the Rook City Renegades contents. Assuming that the 6 heroes, 9 villains and an unknown number of environments is still correct.
We know the heroes are the 5 members of Dark Watch + 1 more. I’m pretty confident the +1 is going to be Alpha as a brand new hero, for the reasons other posts have stated.
For the villains, we’ll include the other Rook City villains and the nemeses of Dark Watch members: Spite, Plague Rat, Chairman, Gloomweaver, Kismet. I also feel comfortable throwing in Ambuscade, as a popular, street-level villain who has some association with Expat.
That leaves 3 more villains, for which I see a couple possibilities:
- If we get Alpha, I firmly believe we’ll get Apex the Wolf King as her nemesis, especially since C&A have said he leads a huge werewolf event in the early 2000s, so he sounds big enough to get a villain deck.
- Apostate and The Ennead are both pretty isolated, mostly only caring about their nemeses, who are both in the base game. They don’t really fit in here, but they fit less in a Disparation or Cosmic expansion, so they may wind up here by default.
- Zhu Long is a huge Dark Watch villain, and they may have decided he’s worthy of his own villain deck.
- All the way back in the original DE bullpen, I believe they said Harpy would get her own Nemesis symbol, instead of just the OblivAeon one, so perhaps we’ll get a new villain to be Harpy’s nemesis like Rose Griggs. Though of course she could remain without a main nemesis, like Unity.
Any 3 of those I think could fill out the remaining villains.
For the environments, we don’t know how many we’ll get, which makes it tough to speculate if we’ll get any new ones.
The existing ones I’m sure we’ll get are Rook City, Pike Industrial, The Realm of Discord, and the Temple of Zhu Long.
The Court of Blood and/or Madam Mittermeier’s are also quite likely, being evil magic places seems just up Dark Watch’s alley. If we get the Ennead, we’ll certainly also get The Tomb of Anubis to complete the set.
5 to 7 is probably more than enough environments for one set, honestly (though that’s still at most only 22 decks total, compared to 24 in the base game, and way fewer total cards since there’s fewer 40-card hero decks). But I’ll throw in a couple ideas for new environments for fun:
- The Citadel of the Sun adds more to the Expat - Dawn connection and serves as another villain HQ to fight in. I mean, Blade already gets 2, why should Dawn not get one.
- The Fae Court has been mentioned in several recent episodes of the podcast, including the big Fae vs the world event in the Christmas episode, so I could easily see this showing up.
- Any of the dimensions for the Underworlds Creative Process.
- Diamond Manor as an HQ for Dark Watch, and the magic swamp environment we all need.
Thank you for reading through my overthought ramblings and speculation. I’m probably putting a bit too much stock in them creating many new decks, but the confirmed in that Bullpen there would be some, so…