Definitive Edition: Order Predictions

… But Parse has been confirmed. And Dreamer is from the main universe.

1 Like

Where was Parse confirmed? Up above I asked about that and the only answer was “it’s not in this thread.”

I know I miss stuff from not following Reddit or BGG forums.

2 Likes

She is in the second Expansion.

I believe this is the interview that also says the next expansion is Disparation.

1 Like

Well, based on today’s update, this is still a possible lineup, with Werewolf Haka replacing Tempest.

It also confirms that we’re going to have extra hero variants, which was speculated but I don’t think confirmed before? Which means guessing how many variants and where they’ll pop up is going to be hard.

1 Like

:+1:

I suppose she is there as nemesis to Miss Information. I’m going to guess she bumps KNYFE from my suggested lineup.

Dreamer is from “our” universe, but she’s nemesis to the Visionary, who isn’t. I just hope the new version of the Dreamer fight makes it so Visionary’s nemesis status isn’t 100% downside.

I know. But the post implied everyone from outside the universe, including villains. And I think the 100% downside is the most thematic! You don’t want to hurt your former self (or at least the person you think to be your former self), and why wouldn’t her powerset be most powerful against itself?

She also got her powers from the Shattering of the Timelines/Cosmic Omnitron event.

Yeah, I mixed up my Dreamer lore. :woozy_face:

1 Like

“ . . . not from around here.” Might this be foreshadowing some non-Sentinel Comics things being in Disparation? Shear-Force? Secret Lads? Spirit Island?

I don’t know how “some folks” implies “everyone,” personally.

With the mention of Shear Force in the First Appearance Expat art, I’m guessing one of them as the 6th hero in Disparation. Not sure who, though, as Hedgelord was part of the reboot, and he’s the only really notable member.

I’m actually finding it more interesting to theorycraft what new villains there might be, since it looks like most if not all of the old OblivAeon heroes will be getting new nemeses.

1 Like

Do we know there are only six heroes in the next expansion? As that’s what your comment implies. Outside the box name I don’t know that we know a set number for anything.

No, but the math works out.

you’re probably overthinking it. It’s probably just telling us what we already know, that Disparation is going to have characters from other universes.

1 Like

Fresh Cut?

I really can’t imagine Sheer Force showing up as a deck. They were fairly explicit that Sheer Force was highly disconnected from SoTM mainline comics, only waaaay later getting retconned into Xtremeverse, and only being really brought up in the Multiverse Era (Guise book has two notable Sheer Force characters)

I will say this though, if we are speculating on new heroes/new villains I’d say we will need to start with not only the stuff in the Letter’s Page, but the Critical Events of Rook City and maybe even the Core Game.

The Terrorform is something I never expected, but many people point out that it is in retrospect very obvious from Akash’ Mecha, so when we start seeing what RCR has to offer, we may get hints at the new things.

3 Likes

I’m kind of afraid to speculate about events in future sets. How terrible would it be for the heroes to face Iron Legacy more than once? Kind of holding out hope for a critical event Legacy of Destruction, though.

As far as the Dreamer, was she a more than one-time threat? I don’t recall how many times she had a breakdown that required heroes to intervene. I guess she either got help or was contained, but it took til after the end of the Multiverse for her to take on the role of Muse.

La Capitan should be one of easiest, since she pops up multiple times either as “Ah, my old foes!” or “Sorry, who are you guys?”.

Those seem to be some of the most common picks for Disparation. Will definitely be interesting to see, and maybe we’ll get some Xtremiverse stuff too!

1 Like

Sorry to be that guy, but I think you mean the RPG era, which is post-Multiverse.

2 Likes

She’s a 1 time threat - which I bet will be her Event. I’m kind of wondering if Dark Visionary might be an option for Critical Event? At the very least, someone else.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing – Darkmind as the Dreamer critical event, with the battle taking place inside Long’s mind. An Argent Adept nemesis, obviously!

3 Likes

Would make sense? With maybe something about the Cosmic Contest? A number of the critical events are effectively different people with similar (but not identical) powersets (new one with Dr Toxica, but the Voss and Matriarch events from the first set as well). BUT that idea makes me wonder if Dark Visionary is going to be a variant for Visionary. Of course, they have been rather tight lipped about which variants from the old version will carry over, which is why there is so much speculation about Young Legacy being a separate deck (I don’t think so, but it’s not as out-there as other guesses).

1 Like